1. Information We Collect
Children under the age of 13 are not the primary audience for our services as it relates to COPPA compliance – however, upon valid consent from parents or legal guardians, children may use our services to access certain features and content. If we knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal contact information collected from a child, we will provide notice and obtain parental consent in accordance with applicable law. In general, we use the information we collect in a manner that is consistent with the services requested by the child. The following personal information is collected in connection with our services:
Information Children Create or Provide to Us
- To validate the age, we may ask for date of birth from children.
- When a child is under 13 years of age, we collect the child's name and parent's e-mail address from the child to provide any necessary notice and to obtain parental consent.
- When a child creates an account and logs into the account, we may collect nickname, e-mail address and password.
- When a child logs into a third party account or to a profile with us, we may ask for information such as nickname and profile picture.
- To provide a response when a child contacts our Customer Care, we may collect any information the child provides, such as their requests or inquiries.
Information about Child's Use of Services
- Information relating to the organization of contests and/or any promotional operations: date of participation, responses to the contests and nature of the prizes offered;
- Device and Login Information: Device and login information such as device model, OS version, IP address, setting of devices, nation based on IP address, URL and network type; and
- Transaction Data: We only process technical information that do not allow us to identify the user (e.g. transaction number) to validate the transactions.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
In general, we use children’s information: to provide, maintain, and improve our services; to develop new services; to customize our services for children; to measure performance and understand how our services are used; to communicate directly with children in relation to our services; to communicate directly with children, for example about updates of subscribed series, new features, announcements and events, and free products; and to help improve the safety and reliability of our services.
We may also use a parent’s contact information to communicate with the parent regarding the child’s activities on our services. We will not use your child’s information to serve third party personalized ads to your child.
3. Information Sharing
Except for the purpose of supporting the internal operations of our services, we will not provide or disclose to third parties, including other users of our services, the personal information of children under the age of 13 that we collect.
4. Parent’s Choices and Access to Children’s Information
Parents may review the contact information we have collected from their child, refuse to permit us to collect further contact information from their child, and request that any contact information we have collected be deleted from our records. To review, update, or delete children’s contact information, please contact us (as further detailed below). To protect children’s safety, we ask for proof of your identification. We may deny access if we cannot verify your identity. Please note that certain information cannot be deleted because of other legal obligations, such as those required by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
If you need further assistance, please contact us at Customer Care or contact us in writing at the following addresses:
WEBTOON Entertainment Inc.
5700 Wilshire Blvd Suite 220,
Los Angeles, CA 90036
NAVER WEBTOON Ltd.
9F Krafton Tower, 117, Bundangnaegok-ro, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do,
Republic of Korea.